Spalding

Your chance to discuss anything about GTFC, whether it be how are we playing, is the match on or even just to start a debate

Moderator: sut

Spalding

Postby TonyF on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:41 am

Good luck to the lads tonight it's a bit early in our season for a competitive game having lost Dunkirk but we should have a strong team to choose from a decent size squad. Jordan is away on holiday for this and Lincoln United.
Now aiming for top 5 place
TonyF
v Southport 1998

Re: Spalding

Postby Retro Smith on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:44 pm

A very solid home win and through to a semi final of the Lincs Cup. Spalding looked a team who have lost their best players over the summer and I would not be putting any money on them to make play offs this season. Beeson looked big, King didn't do much and Humble, Higginson, etc looked ordinary.

We however I thought played well, strong at the back, solid in midfield and lively up top. I thought Curtis had a good game and Meadows as always a class act. Of more "interest" to me however in this one was McMillan in the left side of centre midfield who on first viewing has a bit of something and a swagger on the ball and looks to like to ping a pass. Heavily left footed but early signs of a bit of culture which I think we miss/need in the team. Might be something and nothing but could be a player.

Pleasing win which builds confidence and good to be back.
Just read that 4,153,237 people got married last year, not to cause any trouble but shouldn't that be an even number?
Retro Smith
v Hednesford Town 1998

Postby sut on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:38 am

Far better than our run-out against Kirby Muxloe, thought Meadows was our best player on the night, but encouraging signs from a few. Shawy will still be wondering how he missed that chance in the second half. Couzens took his goal well and made more of an impact than last week.

Preston had little to do throughout the night, which is a good thing. It's rare that we get to see 18 players in a competitive fixture, but that's what it was, our first win of the season and one for the history books. As Jarrod said, none of the former Gingerbreads made any impact on the game

Onto Monday night at Lincoln United now
sut
v Middlesbrough 1974

Postby GingerbreadSi on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:52 am

An encouraging night all round. Stef directed the back four wonderfully and they didn't really threaten all match.

I too liked McMillan, would like to see him on a heavier pitch.

7 changes made the second half more disjointed but we seem to stick to what we'd been doing.

I do like Tom Curtis and hope to see more of him this season.
GingerbreadSi
v Leicester City 1997

Postby Retro Smith on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:50 am

Anybody know when we will play Gainsborough in the semi final as I saw a tweet saying it had to be played before 24th July?
Just read that 4,153,237 people got married last year, not to cause any trouble but shouldn't that be an even number?
Retro Smith
v Hednesford Town 1998

Postby GingerbreadSi on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:40 am

That's what it says on the lincs fa website. Not heard anything from Pat but will tweet when I do
GingerbreadSi
v Leicester City 1997

Return to Talk Football