Buxton Bus trip on Saturday

Your chance to discuss anything about GTFC, whether it be how are we playing, is the match on or even just to start a debate

Moderator: sut

Buxton Bus trip on Saturday

Postby sut on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:37 pm

Over the course of the week I will be in touch to arrange a pick-up spot for Saturday.

Travelling list as it stands

Sut
Big Al
Jamie
Steve
Adam
Jim
Graham
Chris
Coops +1
Mark +1
Jarrod

I've spoken to some already, but I will be heading upto Alma Park just after 9am and then swing by Manthorpe Road and the High Street, Harlaxton Road before hitting the stadium before we head to Buxton. Shouldn't take long to pick everyone up (not with my driving :) )

I will have some refreshments on board, but feel free to bring your own, hope to arrive in Buxton around 11:30 - 12 o'clock, sample a few public houses en-route, watch us beat Buxton (I hope) then head home, can stop-off on the way back if you want, then drop everyone off again.
sut
v Middlesbrough 1974

Re: Buxton Bus trip on Saturday

Postby Parso on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:30 am

Potential venues, as discussed on Saturday:

http://www.buxtontaphouse.co.uk - At the bottom of the hill
http://www.kingsheadbuxtonpub.co.uk - Up the hill, in the market place
https://www.titanicbrewery.co.uk/our-pubs/the-cheshire-cheese/ - Other side of the market place
Gary Bull enthusiast
Parso
v Yeovil Town 1972

Postby HATTERS on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:06 am

Sut , you can swing wherever you like , its a liberal country.
HATTERS
v Willenhall Town 1991

Postby Retro Smith on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:38 pm

If you have room can you pick me up in Hucknall on the way through please. AA Autoroute suggests coming this way from GTown so don't think it is out the way. :D

All aboard the fun bus.......!!!!!
Just read that 4,153,237 people got married last year, not to cause any trouble but shouldn't that be an even number?
Retro Smith
v Hednesford Town 1998

Postby GordonJay on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:42 pm

I hope hat you don't hit the stadium
GordonJay
Pre-season friendly

Postby GordonJay on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:43 pm

I hope that you don't hit the stadium
GordonJay wrote:I hope that you don't hit the stadium
GordonJay
Pre-season friendly

Postby sut on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:45 pm

It's an insurance job, don't tell anyone, if I hit hard enough it might rip up the track and turn the pitch 90 degrees
sut
v Middlesbrough 1974

Postby coops on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Sut, will the mighty bus have catering facilities. :lol: also can you please bring some plastics.
coops
Pre-season friendly

Postby Parso on Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:45 am

The textbook away performance.

Score with you only decent chance in the first half then pick them off on the break playing down the slope in the second half. In the end we could have had four or five.

Hard to single anyone out as I thought we were superb from back to front. Solid defensively and broke really quickly in the second half. At times, Holli and Wrighty were pouring through their midfield with ease. Shawy took his goals well when the chances came along. Great scenes at the end, a real togetherness between players and fans.

I thought topping last season's win there would be impossible, but this group of players at the moment just keep on delivering. Seven wins on the spin and top of the form table over the last ten games.

The Donny Bucks :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gary Bull enthusiast
Parso
v Yeovil Town 1972

Postby GingerbreadSi on Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:47 am

Amazing stuff again! Holi and Wrighty break things up and get the ball forward so well.

Everyone worked and Shawy did what he does best!

Great spirit and togetherness between players and supporters.

Denmark's number 3 was given the man of the match, I didn't think the Donny Bucks could confuse me even more!
GingerbreadSi
v Leicester City 1997

Postby Parso on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:35 am

Why sponsor a game against a team from a town which happened to give birth to someone you don't like? And then proceed to get increasingly wound up about it? Still, it made for a livelier first half as it's normally pretty quiet at Buxton. I get the feeling that can't have been serious about giving him MotM, he wasn't that good.

As an aside, good interview with Tom Potts who has really been a find this season. Considering he was playing for Newark Flowserve last year, he has slotted in seamlessly and always puts in good performances. Another rough diamond that Stevo has polished up.
Gary Bull enthusiast
Parso
v Yeovil Town 1972

Postby St Albans Bianconeri on Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:25 pm

Gutted to be missing some fantastic days and evenings at the moment but couldn't be happier with it. If I had a choice of missing all the games and getting promoted or watching a lot of games and not...then I'd reluctantly take the former! I was worried pre season as I thought the loss of the full backs and Harry in particular would be a huge miss for us. I only saw Potts the once but really liked the look of him and it looks like as lucky as we were with Luther and Harry we have also been so with Tom. Actually I would like the goals to be shared around a bit now before Shaw gets targeted on and off the pitch, but if we were to lose him at some point then please...a decent club with some money rather than a shabby Conf North deal. I'm surprised the lot down the A52 haven't come looking. Anyway...fantastic stuff...just wish there were more highlights!

Hopefully I can get to more games post Christmas...700 miles a week is a lot for my car and so much work on that any spare hour not spent driving is spent working.

On a side issue. Have a look at this from Soccer am and Grimsby Town...is that Harry in the initial demo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdqEI7w04EM
Never touch an electrician with no eyebrows
St Albans Bianconeri
v Leicester City 1997

Postby GingerbreadSi on Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:49 pm

Looks like Harry!

As for highlights, we were all geared up to be tied up with PitcheroPlay this season. Until the league and pitchero couldn't agree the payment for the videographer which was part of the big selling point.
GingerbreadSi
v Leicester City 1997

Return to Talk Football