Witton

Your chance to discuss anything about GTFC, whether it be how are we playing, is the match on or even just to start a debate

Moderator: sut

Witton

Postby Parso on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:01 am

Another Saturday, another good performance on the road.

Didn't think we were at our best, and for spells we had to just stay in the game. But when the chances came along
, Jordan was absolutely lethal in front of goal. A bit disappointing to see us switch off late on after we'd done all of the hard work, but there points was the main thing to keep us ticking over. Kieran was absolutely outstanding and one save when we were one up was absolutely crucial.

I'm still not sure what the ceiling of our expectations should be and we have no right to be second in the league when you see other teams' resources and budgets. But thoroughly enjoying watching a winning and entertaining team!
Gary Bull enthusiast
Parso
v Yeovil Town 1972

Re: Witton

Postby sut on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:39 am

Avoid relegation, we are nearly there :)
sut
v Middlesbrough 1974

Postby Retro Smith on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:37 am

Another cracking away win yesterday. Witton looked good going forward but missed a lot of chances yet we put in a classic away performance, caught them on the break and clinical when the chances came. Danny and Shawy a bit quieter yesterday but sign of a good team when goals are coming from elsewhere and strong in defence. Thought we switched off late on perhaps thinking the job was done but apart from that the back four was very strong. Kieron also deserves praise for some good saves. Like last week against Chorley and the chance to go 4-1 up that was the pivotal moment, I thought the save from Kieron when we were one up but they were piling on pressure was the game changer. Had that gone in then I would have been concerned but a great save and we went in still leading. Jordan took both his goals well and a superb header from Stef for the 3rd. 41 points on the board already and we are putting ourselves in a great position. Stevo doing a fantastic job and really do not mind a 4 hour round trip when we come home with all three points. Nice to have a free week now for everyone to rest and recover from any niggling injuries and then onto the delights of rural Leicestershire and about time we got a league win at Barwell as been a number of times and never seen a league win there. Another great Saturday showing from the lads.
Just read that 4,153,237 people got married last year, not to cause any trouble but shouldn't that be an even number?
Retro Smith
v Hednesford Town 1998

Postby GingerbreadSi on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:59 pm

Claire certainly enjoyed winding me up as I was driving during the last 20 minutes!

Another away win! It's incredible what's happening at the moment.

To Barwell!
GingerbreadSi
v Leicester City 1997

Postby Chandos on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:32 pm

Tom Curtis wasn't on a bet to work as many 'back of the net' into his interview was he?
MX5 - most fun you can have with your clothes on
Chandos
v Halesowen Town 2005

Postby sut on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:41 pm

Chandos wrote:Tom Curtis wasn't on a bet to work as many 'back of the net' into his interview was he?

Don't worry Chandos, I expect him to get suitably hammered by the lads for that post match interview - cringe
sut
v Middlesbrough 1974

Postby GingerbreadSi on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:07 pm

sut wrote:
Chandos wrote:Tom Curtis wasn't on a bet to work as many 'back of the net' into his interview was he?

Don't worry Chandos, I expect him to get suitably hammered by the lads for that post match interview - cringe

Team spirt.
GingerbreadSi
v Leicester City 1997

Return to Talk Football