Farsley

Your chance to discuss anything about GTFC, whether it be how are we playing, is the match on or even just to start a debate

Moderator: sut

Farsley

Postby Parso on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:06 am

Big chance tomorrow to put a bit of distance between ourselves and Workington / Warrington tomorrow as both are playing in the trophy. Although we'll have to play a hell of a lot better than we did at theirs in September.

Also, now that we're on 48 points, I think we are definitely staying up.
Gary Bull enthusiast
Parso
v Yeovil Town 1972

Re: Farsley

Postby Retro Smith on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:06 pm

Sometimes a draw at home seems a disappointment and those not at the game would probably say at 2 nil up it was a bad result. For me I thought it was a good point and actually if I am being honest perhaps more than we deserved. However we ground out a result and took a point from what was a tough game which showed good character.

We started well and scored two good goals and although Farsley looked dangerous we were clinical with our chances. They came more into the game and then took their chances to make it 2 all at the break. Second half was even with both teams having chances to win the game. Farsley hit the bar with a strong header, the linesman gave an awful decision to give Shawy off side when clearly 2 yards on and in on goal.

In the end I was happy with a point. Farsley were one of the best teams I have seen this season and if they play like that I expect them to be in the play offs. We did ok and special praise to Stevo for taking off Jordan when he did as already on a yellow card and just getting a bit lively so could not risk a red card.

My MOTM by a country mile was Potts who dropped into centre back in Rhys's absence like he had played there for years. A top quality performance from a great young player.

Other results with a lot of teams drawing helped and come the end of the season we might look on this point as a good one.
Just read that 4,153,237 people got married last year, not to cause any trouble but shouldn't that be an even number?
Retro Smith
v Barnsley Reserves 1946

Postby Gav on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:03 pm

I thought Farsley looked good going forward, but like us poor at the back.

We were in complete control of the game at 2 nil up and the game changer for me was the non-penalty, and the fact that Jordan got a booking for telling the ref how to do his job.

Obviously they went up the other end and scored, which we should have dealt with and cleared our lines sooner. Both of their goals we should have dealt with and Keiron probably could of done better, but he redeemed himself with some great saves.

We could have pinched a winner when Shawy was 5 yards onside and then got booked for pointing out the ref how wrong he was.

How their number 5 stayed on the pitch I'll never know. I would not want to be sat in front of him on the coach home - he'd be shoving your seat every five seconds all the way back!

Still a point is better than a defeat and we move on to Stalybridge.
Gav
v Rushden Town 1990

Postby sut on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:47 pm

The fact the referee's assessor kept all 3 officials in the changing room for an hour after the game on Saturday probably tells you all you need to know
sut
v Middlesbrough 1974

Postby Rhino on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:01 pm

sut wrote:The fact the referee's assessor kept all 3 officials in the changing room for an hour after the game on Saturday probably tells you all you need to know

The Home dressing room didn't get out much sooner either...
Irk The Purists
Rhino
v Salisbury City 1998

Postby sut on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:06 pm

1 home win in 4, the management weren't happy I guess

Strange really that we are currently relying on our away form to keep us in contention

24 points at home
25 points away (from 1 less game)
sut
v Middlesbrough 1974

Return to Talk Football