Top Scorers

Bored with the football ?? Nothing of any interest to Grantham Town FC, post it here.

Moderator: sut

Top Scorers

Postby jontypost on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:36 am

Why has Lee not been put at the top of the scorers list now that Wilshaw is at a non premier league club ( Scarborough), are the evo stik page people against us ? No mention of us being the league's top scoring team either. Bet if it was any other club they'd be all over it! Maybe it's just my paranoia. Mind you while we are under the radar we can get on with getting promotion. It's not too early to hope is it?
jontypost
v Rushden Town 1990

Re: Top Scorers

Postby sut on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:10 pm

Totally agree with you, already had a struggle with them to correct Andy Wright's stats as they incorrectly credited one of his goals to a Anthony Wright and thus prevented him from even appearing on the chart (when he should have).

Equally in two minds as to whether having Shawy sat on the chart helps, obviously I want what is best for the lad, but also best for the club. If any football league club relies on the accuracy of the Evo Stik website to pick-up players then I worry for their very future, but totally agree that we should be recognised in some way.

It'a almost like they go out of their way not to mention us, The Toy Appeal, Scarborough did one they make it headline news on the main site, we do it (BEFORE them) doesn't even get a mention

Top scorers in the division, doesn't matter, because a they have 23 other teams to talk about
I've only met a couple of the league officials, and they didn't give me a great first impression, so I won't be going out of my way to contact them, they project themselves as a professional league, but it is run very poorly IMO.

Take a look at the shortlist for the top 100 players, most of which played in the last 10 years, and some REAL significant players missing from the list (not just Grantham players), yet they include some real surprise names. Almost as if a few fans sat around a table and gave their opinions whilst having a pint. Is that REALLY how you want the celebrations to be marked ?
sut
v Middlesbrough 1974

Return to Off-Topic